We’re delighted to assist both the public and private sector on interesting strategic projects, large and small. Here are the services we can offer you:
- Identifying opportunities for new and improved rail services.
- Developing train service specifications to meet customer and market requirements.
- Specifying infrastructure changes necessary to support train services.
- Appraisal of options.
- Evaluating proposals for railway operations.
- Leading and participating in meetings at all appropriate levels with rail industry parties, including DfT, ORR, local authorities, passenger and freight operating companies and Network Rail.
- Producing reports and communications, making presentations to stakeholders.
- Investigating fleet efficiency and performance, and identifying improvements.
- Fleet planning, including deployment of appropriate stock to services, maintenance arrangements.
- Improving the effectiveness of the interfaces between fleet and depot working and line of route operations.
- Evaluating existing rolling stock and proposals for refurbishment and new stock, consideration of options.
- Specifiying refurbishment and new build rolling stock.
- Assisting in the procurement of new rolling stock.
- Creating train plans, comprising timetables and resource plans, to meet the service specification.
- Investigating operational issues and problems, spanning passenger and freight activities, including the reasons and remedies for poor train running performance.
- Making recommendations for improvements in operations activities, including passenger demand and revenues, passenger and freight capacity, services planning, working methods, staffing, operational performance, organisation and costs.
- Providing short term interim management in train operations at middle and senior level, implementation of change.
- Reviewing proposals for new train services and their evaluation.
- Representing rail industry parties with other players in the industry (DfT, local authorities, passenger and freight operating companies and Network Rail) and with ORR.
- Evaluating passenger or freight terminal productivity and effectiveness.
- Acting as client’s agent in the management of complex studies and exercises carried out for them by other organisations.
- Preparing business cases, appraisals and submissions for train service changes and investments.
- Collecting data, carrying out surveys, specifying research by specialist consultancies.
- Preparing (for bidders) tenders for passenger rail franchises.
- Evaluating (for public sector bodies) tenders from potential franchisees/ operators.
- Evaluating tenders for the provision of new rolling stock.
- Supporting clients in the legal drafting of contracts and their scrutiny.
- Establishing negotiation and contract strategies and then direct negotiations between rail industry parties (DfT, Transport Scotland, local authorities, passenger and freight operating companies and Network Rail) and with ORR.
- Market research for freight projects.
- Development of potential intermodal or conventional rail freight terminals.