Light and heavy rail operators and public sector bodies
Our experts can help you to:
Our experience includes:
Punctuality performance improvement
- Helping UK passenger train operators improve their punctuality performance.
Service control review
- Leading a service control review for a UK passenger train operator, identifying a comprehensive package of improvements.
Assessing readiness for major timetable change
- For a train operating company, leading the functional reviews of readiness for a major timetable change and subsequently advising on performance improvements.
Business cases for passenger train services
- Developing infrastructure, rolling stock and train service plans for high speed rail in the UK and continental Europe, identifying strong commercial cases for passenger train services.
- Preparing the train loadings input for the evaluation of business cases for new rail services, both for the expansion of the UK and European high speed rail network and for existing railways.
- Representing the sponsors of a major study into means to achieve short and medium term capacity improvements on commuter services into a London terminal.
- Project managing the development and establishment of the UK Strategic Rail Authority’s Capacity Utilisation Policy.
- Passenger train crowding investigations.
- Supporting TfL in the operational evaluation of tenders for the passenger train operating company to run the London Rail and Concession.
Operating plan development
- Acting for the UK Strategic Rail Authority with Cross London Rail Links in the detailed development of the operating plan for London’s East–West Crossrail.
- Providing advice on both day-to-day and network enhancement operational matters on Manchester Metrolink light rail.
- Train operator efficiency exercises.
- Infrastructure availability and enhancements.
Rail franchise bids
- Providing operations advice to a major UK passenger train operator in the development of bids for heavy and light rail franchises and concessions.
- Extensive experience in the bid teams for UK passenger rail franchises, on strategic development of timetables and carrying out analysis of their demand, train loadings and revenue impacts using the MOIRA model.